Your backyard should be a relaxing oasis, so what can you add in your backyard to make it more relaxing? Water features are a great option! There is a reason so many calming apps and sound machines have the sound of water movement on them as many people find these sounds relaxing. Water features can be as big or as small as you would like and provide several benefits to you and your yard. Here are five great reasons to get a water feature in your yard.
- Less Noise Pollution– Water features help reduce the noises you can hear surrounding your yard. If you have noisy neighbors and/or live near a busy road, having a water feature will help drown out that noise and provide you with peace and tranquility in your own backyard.
- Increase Curb Appeal– Many people like the look and sound of water features, which is how they increase the curb appeal of your home. They can also increase the value of your home.
- Attracts Wildlife– Water features attract birds and other beneficial insects around your yard.
- Decreases Stress– The sound of running water naturally helps you be able to relax and decrease your stress. This is a major health benefit!
- Environmentally Friendly– Water features actually use less water than what you would use to water a lawn in that area.
If you are interested in adding a water feature in your yard, give us a call at Stillwater Pools, Inc. We would love to go over all of your options and help you create an outdoor oasis in your yard.