Hardscaping your backyard opens a world of opportunity. Extending your living space into the outdoors allows you to get the most out of every inch of your property.
If you’re considering a hardscaping project, planning is paramount. Here are five things to consider before hardscaping:
- Vision – When you think about utilizing your outdoor space, what comes to mind? What do you envision yourself doing? Relaxing under a pergola reading your favorite book? Cooking outside with your family and friends? Start with your big picture for your space and let that vision guide your hardscaping project.
- Space – Practicality follows vision. It’s helpful to get exact measurements of the space you want to work with so you can keep your hardscaping plan within its bounds. Consider existing (or desired) fencing, any outdoor structures (such as sheds or children’s play equipment), and proximity to the neighbors. Sketch out a simple blueprint of how you want to utilize your space or consult with a professional hardscaper for expert advice.
- Wish list – Make a list of any and everything you would love to add to your outdoor space. Of course, the more specific you can get about the type of stonework you would like or the cooking appliances you’ll need, the better. But more general ideas like a fire pit or fireplace, a garden path, or a shaded dining area are good places to start.
- Budget – Perhaps not the most exciting element of dreaming up your outdoor oasis, but a budget is necessary nonetheless. Start pricing items on your wish list to get an idea of what you can include.
- Quality – From handiwork to materials, appliances to furniture, it’s important to ensure the quality of your investment in your hardscaping project. This is where an experienced hardscaping company can help create the outdoor space of your dreams. Our team at Stillwater Pools, Inc. has the expertise to make your hardscaping dreams a reality.